Skip to main content

Star Wars Legion, the next big tabletop war game?



Hello there! (To my fellow nerds who didn’t respond with “General Kenobi” I am disappointed in you)

For weeks, EPIC Ipswich has been the battle ground for many a Star Wars Legion game. This Table Top War Game seemingly came at us from nowhere and held us in a force choke until we surrendered the plans to the – apologies, til we surrendered and stocked Star Wars Legion.

It begs the question, what is Star Wars Legion, why the fuss and why do I trigger people by mentioning ‘medichlorians’? I will endeavour to answer all but that last question in this blog.

 

What is Star Wars Legion and how do you play?

Star Wars Legion is an army building skirmish game where players choose a faction: Rebel Alliance, Galactic Empire, Galactic Republic or the Separatist Alliance. Each faction has certain characters and armies (eg. General Grevious or Luke Skywalker) which characters command and move movement markers. Certain troops can make ranged attacks and distance is measured using range rulers.

The attacks are determined by specially marked dice, each is rolled dependant on the weapons your troop use.

Cards also come into play as depending on your faction you get a different commander (Obi-Wan for the Galactic Republic, Darth Vader for the Galactic Empire, Luke Skywalker for the Rebel Alliance, General Grevious for the Separatist Alliance). Ontop of this players contrust a seven card deck of command cards that also affect gameplay.

 

What’s the appeal?

In my honest opinion, it differs enough from the other war games in high demand at the moment. The stratergies are on-par but the command card element adds an element of diversity needed to make it stand out.

Each faction comes with kits of troops that you can change their equipment and paint to your hearts content.

IT’S STAR WARS! I mean if you aren’t sold on that alone then it’s going to be something you’ll have to witness in person at EPIC on Thursday Nights.

In the now famous word’s of Master Yoda “Do or do not, there is no try?”

 

Your Friend and Ally,

Lachy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yu-Gi-Oh! Fans at EPIC Ipswich: Discover the Lost Art Promotion Cards!

  Greetings, duelists! We at EPIC Ipswich are thrilled to bring you some fantastic news that’s sure to excite all Yu-Gi-Oh! enthusiasts. We have unearthed our stock of the exclusive Lost Art Promotion Cards for the Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game (TCG), and we can't wait to share them with you! What Are the Lost Art Promotion Cards? The Lost Art Promotion is a special series of cards released by Konami, featuring artwork that was previously unavailable in certain regions. These cards are highly sought after by collectors and players alike, offering unique illustrations that stand out in any collection. Each card in this series is not only visually stunning but also a valuable addition to any deck. How to Get Your Hands on These Exclusive Cards Starting today, we’re offering a special promotion: when you spend $30 or more on exclusively Yu-Gi-Oh! products at EPIC Ipswich, you’ll receive one of these rare Lost Art cards for FREE, while supplies last. This is a limited-time offer, so be...

Fblthp has a new hospitality job?

  The Lost Adventures of Fblthp - entry 3 See previous entry here Fblthp has a new hospitality job? Lisa Cooke had finished her training and rushed off to her work at the local Hotel, she had only arrived when she went to grab her ID from her bag when she found a stowaway in her bag! Fblthp was busted, here is a photo Lisa sent me to report the out-of-control plushie. Now remember, I had thought Fblthp dead after I last saw him being carried away by a pelican, so to say I was surprised that he had gotten so incredibly lost and moreover harassing EPIC Ipswich's patrons, I did the only thing I could think. Like any homunculus who found himself without a job and indebted to someone or something (looking at you Azorious Senate), he was put to work. It began menial, helped Lisa and her lovely boss set up, placing cutlery and decorating tables. The menial task ran dry as both individuals realised a homunculus probably couldn't carry trays or walk around the floor when it was busy.  ...

Dungeons and Dragons and Magic the Gathering 2023

It was 2AM on the 19th of August and whilst the rest of my household was sleeping, I was watching YouTube. Am I a chronic insomniac? Yes. Am I currently typing this in my cardboard box that I now live in at EPIC? Also yes. Am I excited to tell you about the new and upcoming stuff from Magic the Gathering and Dungeon and Dragons parent company Wizards of the Coast?.... If you haven't been able to infer what I'm saying, Wizards of the Coast recently did a live stream to promote their upcoming material they're releasing for their major games MTG and D&D, this was at 2AM Australian Time on YouTube. Some super exciting things on the horizon for both games and some that left me scratching my head. There were the reveals of upcoming sets and books, guest appearances from Jimmy Wong and Ginny Di and some surprising reveals.  D&D Announcements Teases for the next edition of D&D codenamed One D&D  and brings together an updated version of core rules, backwards compa...