Skip to main content

D&D Adventurers League

Last week we spoke about EPIC League via a recap of everything that happened in our store-wide campaign. Another good example of organised play is Adventurers League, sometimes referred to as D&D Adventurers League, similar to EPIC League in that there are multiple tables all running D&D at the same time.

Adventurers League has been designed by D&D parent company Wizards of the Coast to have a series of side adventurers that run in tandem with their most recent module releases. Each adventure has situations that rely on the four pillars of playstyle - combat, role play, exploration and puzzles. Moreover, each adventure is designed to be played in one sitting allowing players to jump between tables with the same character and loot from previous adventures - this isn't just store wide, this applies to all Adventurers League Games everywhere!

This comes with some ups and downs as you can't go off and buy magic items like in a homebrew campaign and can find some limitations to what you want your character build to be (I believe the rule is Player Handbook plus one other source book) and thus can only play certain race subclass or class combinations.

There are some pros and cons with AL, DMs and characters can find the limitations very frustrating and in addition, the modules don't have wiggle room for when the players will inevitably try to go off module. 

In either case Adventurers League is held Mondays at EPIC Ipswich and I would encourage each D&D Player to try it once. Plus the supportive environment makes for a great starting place for new players.

Your Friend and Ally,

Lachy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yu-Gi-Oh! Fans at EPIC Ipswich: Discover the Lost Art Promotion Cards!

  Greetings, duelists! We at EPIC Ipswich are thrilled to bring you some fantastic news that’s sure to excite all Yu-Gi-Oh! enthusiasts. We have unearthed our stock of the exclusive Lost Art Promotion Cards for the Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game (TCG), and we can't wait to share them with you! What Are the Lost Art Promotion Cards? The Lost Art Promotion is a special series of cards released by Konami, featuring artwork that was previously unavailable in certain regions. These cards are highly sought after by collectors and players alike, offering unique illustrations that stand out in any collection. Each card in this series is not only visually stunning but also a valuable addition to any deck. How to Get Your Hands on These Exclusive Cards Starting today, we’re offering a special promotion: when you spend $30 or more on exclusively Yu-Gi-Oh! products at EPIC Ipswich, you’ll receive one of these rare Lost Art cards for FREE, while supplies last. This is a limited-time offer, so be...

Fblthp has a new hospitality job?

  The Lost Adventures of Fblthp - entry 3 See previous entry here Fblthp has a new hospitality job? Lisa Cooke had finished her training and rushed off to her work at the local Hotel, she had only arrived when she went to grab her ID from her bag when she found a stowaway in her bag! Fblthp was busted, here is a photo Lisa sent me to report the out-of-control plushie. Now remember, I had thought Fblthp dead after I last saw him being carried away by a pelican, so to say I was surprised that he had gotten so incredibly lost and moreover harassing EPIC Ipswich's patrons, I did the only thing I could think. Like any homunculus who found himself without a job and indebted to someone or something (looking at you Azorious Senate), he was put to work. It began menial, helped Lisa and her lovely boss set up, placing cutlery and decorating tables. The menial task ran dry as both individuals realised a homunculus probably couldn't carry trays or walk around the floor when it was busy.  ...

Dungeons and Dragons and Magic the Gathering 2023

It was 2AM on the 19th of August and whilst the rest of my household was sleeping, I was watching YouTube. Am I a chronic insomniac? Yes. Am I currently typing this in my cardboard box that I now live in at EPIC? Also yes. Am I excited to tell you about the new and upcoming stuff from Magic the Gathering and Dungeon and Dragons parent company Wizards of the Coast?.... If you haven't been able to infer what I'm saying, Wizards of the Coast recently did a live stream to promote their upcoming material they're releasing for their major games MTG and D&D, this was at 2AM Australian Time on YouTube. Some super exciting things on the horizon for both games and some that left me scratching my head. There were the reveals of upcoming sets and books, guest appearances from Jimmy Wong and Ginny Di and some surprising reveals.  D&D Announcements Teases for the next edition of D&D codenamed One D&D  and brings together an updated version of core rules, backwards compa...